Wednesday, 19 January 2011

Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

There's this person I'd really like you to meet. She's this girl I met last year, the one who made the year - if I can have my way, she'll probably make the rest of the years of my life.

How do I explain it? I can write cliched words about how my heart beats erratically around her, but I won't. I can tell you that when I'm not around her time drags its feet, but I won't. I won't tell you how I feel like I've known her forever even though it's been a few scant months. I won't tell you that I'm probably the luckiest man alive. I won't tell you that I can't breathe around her, and I definitely won't tell you that when I'm not I miss her like hell.

What can I tell you? Not much I guess, other than the fact that she is everything I never thought I was looking for, everything I never knew I wanted or needed. I can tell you that she is not perfect, but we make it work despite our differences. I can tell you that she accepts my imperfections, and we thrive on our giving and taking. I can tell you that I sleep with her face in my mind, only to wake and find it's still there.

I can't tell you much, other than the fact that she's sometimes the craziest person I know, but sometimes the most logical one. I can tell you that somehow, we fit perfectly together. I can tell you that she is the only person who has ever made me rethink all my future plans, because now I don't see any future without her in it.

She makes me wonder how I ever lived all these years not knowing she existed.. She makes me wonder at all the strange - and often blind - turns I've taken in my life that have led me here, right to her front door. She makes me wish I was a better man, because she deserves no less. 

She makes me thank God for all the lessons I have learnt, however painfully. She tries hard to understand me, even though writers can sometimes be a pain in the behind to fathom. She's wiser and smarter than two or three of me combined. She puts chefs to shame with her fried omelets and probably has enough drive in her to power a third world country.

She's just...her...greater than the sum of all she that she is and was, more than what I never knew I wanted, better than anything I've ever dreamed of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Sorry to be so protective, but I will okay and reply to your comment as soon as I see it! Thanks! :)