He would not make it. I see it in his eyes, though he will not understand the consequences. I didn't make it as well. Another asked me the question, and I am bound eternally to it.
'Yes, I wo-'
'Daddy, Daddy!' and then a ball of energy jumped into his arms. She smelled like sunshine and butterflies on a spring day, warm and full of life.
Hey, princess! Why aren't you with your little friends?
She gave him a sloppy kiss and went off like a train. 'Ooh, Daddy! I saw a T-Rex! Ms. Suzy said it eats meats, but why is it all bones huh Daddy? And then we saw phheteradacktil...a phheete..you know, those flying dinosaurs! And then Jimmy tried to bite the big blue ball called earth and...'
He looked deep into his daughter's eyes, and saw everything that he had lost, everything he wished he had, all the dreams that were never meant to be. Everything was right there, and he felt peace.
He turned to the old man.
'No. I have everything, all my dreams. Right here,' he kissed his daughter and swung her up on his shoulders and walked off.
I am glad to see him walk away with a joyful step.
In my failure, I see another's redemption and rebirth.
The black gem glinted sorrowfully in the light.
A spiderweb of cracks crisscrossed the obsidian; the stone is made of little shards of black gems, pieced together by every human's 'what ifs', held together by tears and regrets.
Every single piece is a lost fragment of a dream, a broken shard from a broken heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi! Sorry to be so protective, but I will okay and reply to your comment as soon as I see it! Thanks! :)