Wednesday, 1 December 2010

Who Are You?

I saw this scene in a movie (actually, I am pretty sure it is a scene repeated in a few movies) once.

'Who are you?' Guy A (usually old and wise) asks Guy B (usually young and ignorant).
'My name is Guy B, I-'
'No, I didn't ask your name, I asked 'Who are you?',' Guy A cuts him off mid-sentence.
'Well, I work as an engineer, but I like-'
'No, I didn't ask what you do, I asked 'Who are you?',' Guy A again cuts him off mid-sentence.
'Yes, I was just saying - but I love to travel, I regret-'
'No! I didn't ask what you love to do! I asked 'Who Are You?'!' Guy A yells in exasperation.


Guy B, taken aback, yells in return, 'Will you please let me finish? How can I answer when you keep cutting me off?'


Hearing no reply, Guy B sniffs and answers the original question. 'So, I am-' and he stops, bewildered, and was silent for a few seconds.


Then, 'I have no idea who I am.'


Guy A smiles. 'And that, is the right answer.'

My point is this: what defines you as a person? Or maybe, what do you let define you? What makes you distinctly you? There is no wrong answer (but having no wrong, can it have a right one?). Your answer is your own, and if you think about it, it may surprise you.

So.... Who Are You?
...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Sorry to be so protective, but I will okay and reply to your comment as soon as I see it! Thanks! :)