Monday, 18 July 2011

Clean and Free: BERSIH 2.0

People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people.
Alan Moore 

Firstly, let me just say that I love my country, and for all its flaws, the current government did see us through many tough times over the past 50 years. If you don't believe it, let me just ask you, how many of us were severely affected by the recent economic disaster that saw unemployment rates in the U.S. rise to 8.9% (Wiki)? For comparison, during the same time period, Malaysia's highest was 4.1% (TradingEconomics).

Still, there's so much that is not right, so much that could be right, and so much that should be. I am not advocating reformation, I am not advocating we march and disrupt peace in our capital. What I want, what I believe in, is, plain and simple, democracy.

Democracy, that's all. That's all we want.

I won't tell you about that day; you probably already know about it via unbiased media, but here are some pictures I took.












2 comments:

  1. a lot more to improve, the electoral roll and process especially - that what Bersih is all about.. but No Demontrasi Jalanan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. definitely a lot more to improve.
    thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Sorry to be so protective, but I will okay and reply to your comment as soon as I see it! Thanks! :)