Wednesday, 16 May 2012

I Don't Want Shelter From the Storm

I don't want shelter from the storm
I want to stand in the rain
Feel its sting
Know its power
I want to sing aloud
As the water runs off my skin
To drink in the fury
To dance to the beat of the thunder

I don't want shelter from the storm
I don't want to hide
Nor to sit in the dry
And watch beside
I want to understand it
Learn from it
Feel from it
Live from it

I don't want safe
I don't want comfortable
I don't want familiar
I don't want only okay
Neither the lies from it
Not the disguise of it
Nor the silent cries of it
I don't want shelter from the storm


Me against its winds
Fragility against its weight
Fleeting steps against its rain
My being against it crushing blackness
I will throw my might against it
Test my mettle against the storm
Know my Maker as I stand in its midst
And take His hand
as

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Sorry to be so protective, but I will okay and reply to your comment as soon as I see it! Thanks! :)