Wednesday, 16 May 2012

Ready? Go.

I'm very good at beginnings. I like to start stuff, to embark on newer journeys and taste hitherto untried experiences - be it hiking on a new trail, driving up a strange road or biting into a crunchy bug in Thailand. So long as it's new, I'd probably want to try it - even if it could be detrimental to my health.

Which brings me to my next point. I'm good at beginnings, but I am very bad at the middles, and let's not even go to the endings.

I recently embarked on a brand new experience - kind of like a class to learn more about God. I go nights, after work, and while I won't say it is overtly difficult, it is anything but easy.

Imagine, every session there is a new revelation being taught, and bit by bit, God chisels at my heart and corrects skewed perspectives. At the very least, I learn something new, and at the most, I am stripped bare of everything I am before my God.

It is pretty heavy stuff.

In the Bible it is written: I have fought a good fight, I've finished the race. There is no mention of the excellence by which the race was started. It say I have finished the race. It didn't say I have finished the race first, and it definitely didn't say I finished the race well. It just says I've finished.

That's it.

And I'd really like to finish something for a change. My last two relationships - both of which I swore would be my last - ended with a parting of ways. I have yet to even graduate because I've been so focused on my work - I know it's foolish, believe you me. And I know that work - while fulfilling and interesting because it is still new - will one day become stale when I've learned all there is.

It is a bad habit of mine. Start, get bored halfway through, jump on to another project/thing/interest without completing the first.

Yesterday, a thought occurred to me whilst worship in one of the sessions: what if God is not enough? What if I find out that He isn't enough? What if, at the end of the day, this is all we have?

But He was kind enough to throw a challenge back to me. He asked me to really seek Him, and He will prove that He is - He will prove that He is everything.

What will he prove in the months to come? I don't know, but I am excited, and for once, I know this: I want to finish, and I want to finish well. Hell, I want to finish and beat everyone else, but that's my pride talking.

I want to finish something. Something that adds more value to both myself and the world. Something that will meet both my personal aspirations as well as help make the world around me that little bit more beautiful - or at the very least, bearable, although I'd like to think life is beautiful.

This time around, I will.
as

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Sorry to be so protective, but I will okay and reply to your comment as soon as I see it! Thanks! :)