Friday, 16 July 2010

the museum of broken dreams...

    'I love you too.'
    The answer that he was hoping for.
    I have no money. I have nothing to offer you.
    'Silly,' she kissed his nose. 'I have you. What else do I need?'
    You need a shelter you could call home. You need a husband who can provide adequately. You need...
    'I know silly. As long there is you..and there is me...it will be.'
    He loved her for that.

    He had broken off a piece of his heart, the only gift that he could afford to give her just before he left for the war.

    And she had left it, out in the dust and the rain.

    He never thought pain could be so sharp and unforgiving.
    And he never found that shard that was his ever again.

    He blinked.
    'Son? You ok?'
    Yes, I am fine, thank you.
    He looked thoughfully at the obsidian gem again.


~
i am trying something new. let me know what you think.
this is part one of four.
adieu

1 comment:

  1. I like how it started. totally gripped me. Reminds me of Katy Perry's Thinking of You video! (and I had to google 'obsidian' HAHAHA. whatev)
    nice one :) Keep em coming! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Sorry to be so protective, but I will okay and reply to your comment as soon as I see it! Thanks! :)