Sunday, 8 May 2011

More Roads in Yellow Woods

This place started out as a place where I can pen down thoughts for myself, and whoever it was that wanted to read them. Strange, that while it remains mostly the same, it has also evolved into something quite different.

When I first started writing here, I was pretty sure I was on that road to be an engineer. Somewhere along the way, plans changed, and I decided that I wanted to write.

So, now I am a part-time journalist with a local paper.

There's so much I've learned from my way more experienced colleagues about writing news. I've never had any formal training; I just took a shot in the dark and for some reason they hired me. And no, the newsroom (here at least) is a very quiet and civil place.

But..there's this disquiet, a degree of dissatisfaction that I've been dealing with for a while now. I can't quite put a finger on it, but I know that I don't like writing hard news. It's so...regimented.

So, where does this little crisis of faith leading me? I don't know. Maybe it's because I feel like I am telling stories no one wants to hear, or answering questions no one actually asked.

Who knew, that the road in the yellow wood would branch out again into smaller, more obscure lanes.
as

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Sorry to be so protective, but I will okay and reply to your comment as soon as I see it! Thanks! :)