I believe in Divine Intervention, in a God who is personal and so madly in love with you that He wants to be a part of your everyday life. I believe that He has given me a map for my adventures and all the future random ramblings of my life.
I also believe that He open doors for me; gateways into whole new adventures in my life.
And yet, often I don't even realise it is happening, that I've left the old room and have already stepped into a new one, a whole new adventure. And I bemoan the fact that things are not the way they are anymore. That I don't like this new experience, that why can't I have the old and comfortable and the used and the holey.
Sometimes, He doesn't open the door for you. He locks the door. He lets you stay in that one place, where it eventually becomes boring and uninteresting and uninspiring and mundane. And I rant and wail and pray my eyes out but to no avail. Why? Isn't He a God who opens doors?
Ah, but did it ever occur to you that He keeps you there because there is a lesson there that you have not learned yet? That there is an unexplored corner in the room, waiting for you, but in your want and haste to exit the room you don't see it. He keeps you there because He has a lesson for you for that particular season that He wants to teach. So the sooner you learn it, the better.
So when (not if, when) the door opens for you, walk through and enjoy the new room. I miss the old rooms, the old experiences but dwelling on the fact may hinder me from having my full experience in the new room. Before He opens another door - the exit from this one - I will have fun and squeeze it dry.
'...Let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we die.'
1 Cor 15:32 (NIV)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hi! Sorry to be so protective, but I will okay and reply to your comment as soon as I see it! Thanks! :)