Saturday, 6 November 2010

smells and music...

I process the world through smells and music, she said with a girlish giggle as she sniffed at her hair. The song Ocean Wide by The Afters played quietly in the background as her fingers played a graceful staccato on the keyboard.
What are you doing?
Blogging..writing..bleeding. The last was said with a smile. It was two o'clock in the morning. Sleep deprivation inspires me.
He smiled in a corner of his sleep-hazed mind. Trust her to wake up at two in the morning to write.
The room was dark and her laptop cast a haunting glow on her beautiful features.
I'm almost done... Her voiced trailed off as her mind went back to the creative task at hand. Her hands flew about the keyboard; he has never seen someone type so fast with so much precision.
There, done! She smiled in simple delight and closed the Macbook.
He opened his mouth to ask Wha-
I wrote about the way I take in the world, the way I process it. Smells and Music, she said as she went back under the covers next to him and kissed him on the cheek. A minute later she was asleep, snuggled up next to him.

He breathed in her scent softly and listened to her rhythmic breathing, the steady beat of her heart.
Smells and Music.
He pulled her closer to himself.
Yeah...me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Sorry to be so protective, but I will okay and reply to your comment as soon as I see it! Thanks! :)