Saturday, 16 April 2011

Comfortable

"Hi."

Yeah, you too.

The air was clean, sharp. Lightning rumbled in the distance. In the distance a dog was barking. It was perpetually gloomy here, an ever-present cover of clouds that show no respect to the sun.

A whiff of liquid sanitizer. Shampoo. Make-up. Moisturizer. Bare skin. Exactly how I remembered her to be.

Comfortable.

Nonsensical conversation only I would understand.

Nonsensical laughter, because no one else understands.

Silences that say everything, silences that are as we were.

Comfortable.

The floor creaks, the bed is too small, the drift of white outside, the sound of a washing machine working overtime.

Peaceful breathing, eyes closed to darkness, lips singing silent symphonies.

Shivering against the cold, because there was no cover.

Still, it was comfortable.

A gentle touch, palm to palm in a holy palmer's kiss.

One last stolen glance, one last smile.

"Goodbye, Lionel."

and I woke up.
as

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Sorry to be so protective, but I will okay and reply to your comment as soon as I see it! Thanks! :)