Thursday, 24 March 2011

Down in the Dumps

I wonder why people can't just stay sad for a little while.

I have this violent urge to go out and do stuff whenever I am feeling sad. I need to be constantly keeping my mind busy and my body in action, just so for that moment, I'd be okay. I want to be alone, just so I'm allowed to be quiet, but even then I just want to stop thinking about it.

Why can't people stay sad for awhile? Why does everyone around them try to make their day better? Because nothing helps, nothing. Not music, not books, not deep conversations. They only feed the disquiet so it'll go away for a few hours, but then it comes back hungry again.

Why can't people, you and I, just accept that it is okay to be sad. It is okay to be down and you don't need to drown it out. You don't need to feed it with music to make it go away. It's okay to not want to be happy, at least for that moment.

Maybe, just embrace it, that for now, sad is what you will be.  Accept it, don't drown it out, don't feed it or starve it, don't ignore it.

You'll be okay. You're just sad.
as

2 comments:

  1. It's so like the Jacob wrestling...what is your name...sad...he walks away with a new name and a new walk...what is your name...that's the key :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, well..at the moment, nothing feels like any key i know. and his new walk..was with a limp. sometimes i think that is too steep a price to pay to follow God, especially if it includes physical deformity, but that is my flesh and selfishness talking. i can't have success without sacrificing something now, can i? and by success i mean in all aspects, not just monetary.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Sorry to be so protective, but I will okay and reply to your comment as soon as I see it! Thanks! :)