Wednesday, 2 March 2011

Lessons LDR Taught Me

This is part two of a post with the same title. I think the title may not be so apt now; it should have been lessons LDR highlighted, but to digress...


Lesson 6: Change
What I always, always need to remember is that people will change. No it is not a bad thing, I personally think that one of the ways an individual can take a step forward in life is by changing. If the individual changes for the better, well, so much the better (no pun intended), if for the bad, he or she would realise that somewhere, something has gone wrong and rectify the problem, which is again, a good thing.
So, change. From experience, one of the things that I could not deal with in the past was that they changed. My immaturity couldn't see past the fact that they were not the same person.
Even now, 7000 miles away, a part of me finds it hard to deal with that change. I know that she has changed, but so have I. But then again, a huge part of me wishes that I could be there to see her develop her potential and come into all that she can be.

Lesson 7: I Am Not Enough
I have come to understand that I can't be everything for her, not especially from so far away. I don't know about most guys, but some of us (myself included) have a martyr syndrome, a serious psychological defect where we'd jump in front of a bus for you, take a bullet etcetc, it even affects the friendships that we have. But then again, if we (sorry for generalising, but to write 'some of us guys' all the time is very taxing) thought this way, to a certain extent it implies that they (friends, girlfriends, wives etc) can't stand up for themselves and that they are weak. I just want to say that this can't be further from the truth. Most of us are hardwired that way, and I think it will be very difficult to separate a man from his protective instinct.
as
Part three is currently being written, stay tuned.
as

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Sorry to be so protective, but I will okay and reply to your comment as soon as I see it! Thanks! :)