Saturday, 26 March 2011

People and Fate

'People are what is important in your life.'

I don't remember who said it, or where I heard it, but so far, this statement has been true. I wonder sometimes at the people that God has put in my life without my knowing it. I am not talking about the people that you meet because you decided to do so, like a girl you think is quite pretty and you go up to her and say hi. Of course these people are very important too.

I am talking about the people that you bump into on the street, the people that fate - lets call it fate - pushed on you, for no apparent reason. I count people such as these to be among the most important in my life. I'd be hard pressed to recall where or how we met, or even how we got close, but, yet, here we are.

You ever think about it? About the roads that you choose - or stumbled on - that made you this person. About the paths that you walked - maybe even crawled - just to be in that exact moment to meet that one significant person. And then you wonder about the byways they took, just to be who they are, just to meet you there.

It's more than I can comprehend.

But yet, it is these people that have changed my life. I have no reason to know Jon, but I do, and God has used him to open doors for me. I went unwillingly to a new church - which I now attend - and I've been blessed with someone I can actually look up to. I walked into Life College, and I met Andrea and Lynette, two people who are so capable and so full of life.

Andrea told me, "Jing, let's go Genting!" to which I replied, a little non-enthusiastically, "Really? Who with?"
She said, "I don't know, I'll find a few people."

And that's how I met Crystal. No reason whatsoever, just someone who wanted to go Genting, meeting someone who went reluctantly - reluctantly until told that a pretty girl was going.

The closest friends that I have miraculously turned up during a painful time in my life. I've known them for years, but somehow, at that exact moment when I needed people most, they turned up.

It is a bizarre phenomenon, if you think about it. Call it fate, call it destiny, call it whatever you want. It's complicated.

But at the same time, it isn't. It's really simple. It's just two people, meeting under circumstances that seems like a line out of a best-seller, somehow making an instant connection and knowing that they'd be in the other's life in a significant way.

And neither life will ever be the same again.
as

2 comments:

  1. I remember eagerly waiting for new semester intakes in Life College. And I was like, we need more 'cute' guys in college!

    I got so excited when you appeared! HAHAHA. Oh well. I'm glad to have met you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol that's and of the best compliments you've given me haha..

    yeah, me too, definitely :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Sorry to be so protective, but I will okay and reply to your comment as soon as I see it! Thanks! :)