Tuesday, 22 March 2011

Through the Eyes of a Child

She kept quiet as I told her my tale. She doesn't normally keep quiet.

It's nice, you know? When I need someone to listen, they don't give me advice and try to point me in the right direction. All she did was listen, and then she told me her story.

It was only later, after a day or two, she wrote me a short note.

She wrote 'It is a blessing to love someone, and it's worth it because that's what true love is.'

At that time I couldn't, and wouldn't agree.

But now, some weeks later, they make more sense to me.

It's in line with the only definition of love that I agree on.

The bible says '..it is not self-seeking...it keeps no record of wrongs..it always trusts, always hopes always perseveres.'

It is selfless, it forgives, it always trusts, always hopes and it perseveres.

And if I can't understand this, then I have no business trying anymore.
as

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Sorry to be so protective, but I will okay and reply to your comment as soon as I see it! Thanks! :)